For the Media:
SFA SANIFLO INC. (“SANIFLO”) is the only manufacturer of its kind in North America, offering a complete line of macerating toilet systems for residential and light-commercial applications where it is impossible or cost-prohibitive to install conventional plumbing fixtures that require below-floor drainage.
Saniflo’s French parent company, SFA Group in Paris, developed this “above-floor plumbing” technology nearly a half-century ago and led its commercialization over the intervening decades. SFA began selling these unique plumbing fixtures in Europe in 1958, taking the line international in 1965 and entering the U.S. market in the late 1990s.
While macerating technology may be relatively new in the United States, more than 350,000 units were sold worldwide in 2005 by 11 SFA subsidiaries in 50 countries. In this country, Saniflo sales have enjoyed double-digit, year-to-year growth since 2000, as more and more trades people and consumers learn about the benefits of this unique technology that is changing the way Americans renovate their homes.
Saniflo products are available across the United States, marketed by the company’s network of independent sales agents through several hundred wholesale distribution outlets, as well as select hardware stores and retail home-improvement centers.
MANAGEMENT: Bertrand Bouchard is president of SFA Saniflo, which is based in Edison, New Jersey. Bob Lechner serves as national sales manager; Chris Peterson is West Coast regional sales manager.
FACILITIES: The company operates an office and warehouse facility in Edison, New Jersey. The 8,700-square-foot structure houses inventories of Saniflo macerating products for shipment across the United States.
PRODUCT LINE: The flagship of the Saniflo line is the Saniplus, which can accommodate a tub-shower and water basin, as well as the toilet. Ideal for creating new bathrooms in the home, the Saniplus can also be used in a variety of commercial and institutional applications, including office buildings, retail stores, schools, restaurants and the like.
Besides the Saniplus, Saniflo also produces several other macerating and pumping units:
- Sanibest, intended for heavier toilet use, collects and pumps waste water from a variety of fixtures in a single application, including a washbasin, bathtub, shower, urinal and washing machine (which must drain into a laundry tub or sink first).
- Sanigrind works with a standard bottom-outlet water closet, instead of the special, rear-spigot toilet required by other Saniflo macerating models. As a result, Sanigrind can accommodate any conventional water closet available today.
- Sanistar is a water closet hung from a wall with the macerating pump concealed behind that wall. Using only one gallon per flush, the Sanistar can accommodate a washbasin as well as the toilet.
- Sanicompact 48 is a self-contained toilet that uses only one gallon per flush, making it ideal for small, tight-fitting residential applications, such as a clothes closet, a bedroom or even under a stairway.
- Sanishower is a gray water pump that allows the installation of a shower, washbasin or wet bar anywhere in a house.
- Sanivite, also a gray water pump, is intended for utility room sinks, kitchen sinks, dishwashers, clothes washers, and wet bars, etc. (A clothes washer must drain into a laundry tub or sink first.)
For more information about the product line, including new-product launches, contact Saniflo at 1-800-571-8191. Or visit the Saniflo website at www.saniflo.com.
For editorial assistance, including press information and photography, contact John O’Reilly c/o GreenHouse Digital + PR: 815-469-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
Back to top