Designed for demanding commercial applications, the Sanicom 2 comes equipped with two, 2-HP pumps that together will remove water, grease and corrosive chemicals up to 194°F at a maximum rate of 140 gpm, while offering redundancy to keep businesses operational.
EDISON, NJ (MARCH 3, 2021) — Saniflo USA, a division of Group SFA, the world leader in above-the-floor macerating and grinding toilets and drain pumps, is offering a more powerful companion to its popular Sanicom simplex drain pump: the Sanicom 2, equipped with two, 2-horsepower, 220-volt motors for handling multiple commercial fixtures that must process large volumes of high-temperature water, grease or chemicals.
The Sanicom 2 duplex drain pump can move up to 140 gallons of fluid per minute, with both pumps automatically activating simultaneously when the incoming flow rate exceeds that of a single pump. Like the Sanicom 1, the new duplex model can handle fluids up to 194°F, making it ideal for industrial-scale dishwashers, commercial washing machines, hydroponic crop growing, as well as any other commercial and industrial applications requiring wastewater evacuation.
Download individual images as lo-res (web ready; .jpg; RGB) or hi-res (print ready; .tif; CMYK)
With horsepower ratings higher than other Saniflo systems, the Sanicom 2 discharges effluent through a 1.5-inch pipe vertically 32 feet, horizontally 390 feet, or a combination of both. (A vertical run of 3 feet is equal to a horizontal run of 30 feet.) The pump comes equipped with built-in check valves on the discharge of each motor.
Critical, built-in redundancy: The dual-motor technology brings not only more pumping power to high-demand commercial applications, but also invaluable pump redundancy. If one motor requires servicing, the second serves as an essential backup, keeping operations going in the interim.
IAPMO-listed and carrying the UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code) logo, the Sanicom 2’s duplex technology is an excellent fit for many U.S. locales and jurisdictions, notes Regis Saragosti, CEO of SFA Saniflo North America. “Many states and municipalities now require duplex pumping systems for certain commercial applications. That’s because so many commercial entities simply cannot afford any downtime. ‘Always operational’ is a critical need, one that the powerful duplex technology of the Sanicom 2 is fully able to meet.”
Numerous key features:
- Fail-safe activation: A fail-proof sensing mechanism system for detecting the water level inside the Sanicom 2 consists of three pressure switches, each installed in its own internal dip tube. With three different switches, it is nearly impossible for the unit to fail to activate with incoming fluids.
- Quiet operation: Even with a pair of 2-HP pump motors, the Sanicom 2 has the same operational noise level as the Sanicom 1: 68 dBA, or approximately equivalent to normal conversation.
- Installer-friendly design: The Sanicom 2 enclosure offers a two-inch inlet on either side, in compliance with major plumbing codes in the United States and Canada. These inlets are positioned closer to the floor than those found on conventional drain pumps, helping to speed installation by reducing the height at which floor-level plumbing fixtures must sit to achieve proper drainage. Note: An external check valve must be installed on drain pipes connected to the pump.
- Easy access for servicing: The Sanicom 2 has been designed to keep maintenance to a minimum. If servicing is needed, the two motors, electrical components, pressure-level switches and dip tubes are all readily accessible and easily removed.
- Corrosion-resistant case: The Sanicom 2 enclosure is made of rugged, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) that is engineered to resist corrosion from hot grease and harsh chemicals likely to be found in heavy-duty commercial applications.
Measuring 19 inches wide x 13¾ inches high x 19¼ inches deep, the heavy-duty Sanicom 2 is slightly larger and, at 57 pounds, 35 pounds heavier than its predecessor. The unit comes equipped with an external wired control panel with override buttons and LED power and alarm indicators. An external alarm box is optional.
The Sanicom 2 will be available for shipment in late spring of this year and will carry an MSRP of $1,790.
“As an ‘above-the-floor’ plumbing solution, capable of quickly handling large quantities of extremely hot waste water, grease and chemicals, the Sanicom 2 is unlike any other commercial drain pump on today’s market,” says Regis Saragosti. “Installers, engineers and facility managers will find it a highly reliable product for keeping their systems fully operational.”
For more information on the new Sanicom 2, visit: https://www.saniflo.com/us/installing-a-kitchen-or-laundry-room/103-sanicom-2.html
KEY SPECIFICATIONS | SANICOM 2
Duplex Drain Pump
Commercial and industrial dishwashers and washing machines, plus other large applications requiring wastewater evacuation
INLET DIAMETERS (SIDE / TOP IN INCHES)
2 / 1.5
Pressure switches /
DISCHARGE PIPE DIAMETER (INCHES)
DISCHARGE | VERTICAL (FEET)
DISCHARGE | HORIZONTAL (FEET)
DISCHARGE RATE (GPM @ 32 FEET)
DISCHARGE RATE (GPM @ 3 FEET)
SHUT-OFF HEAD (FEET)
220-240 V | 60 Hz | 16 Amps
POWER CORD LENGTH (INCHES)
CAPACITOR RATING (MICROFARAD)
NOISE LEVEL (@ 3 FEET)
≤ 68 dBA
2 x 2-HP, oil-filled, thermally protected motor
RUNNING TIME (SECONDS)
4 to 6
MAXIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE (°F)
Note: Data shown above is for single-motor operation
SFA SANIFLO U.S.A. – whose parent company originated macerating plumbing technology — offers a complete line of waste and drainage pumping systems for residential and commercial applications. Saniflo developed its innovative, “above-floor plumbing” technology more than a half-century ago and has led its commercialization worldwide. Today, the company markets macerating technology through 22 subsidiaries in 50 countries and has sold more than eight million units worldwide since 1958. Saniflo markets through independent sales agents throughout North America, and the product line is currently available at distributor and dealer locations throughout the continent.
- For more information, contact Saniflo at 1-800-571-8191. Or visit the Saniflo website at saniflo.com.
- For editorial assistance, including photography, contact John O’Reilly ([email protected]) c/o GreenHouse Digital + PR: 815-469-9100.
The Sanicom 2 comes equipped with two, 2-HP pumps that together will remove water, grease and corrosive chemicals up to 194°F at a maximum rate of 140 gpm, while offering redundancy to keep businesses operational.
Download Lo-Res Image
Download Hi-Res Image
Image Size: 6″ wide x 5″ high
(Lo-Res: 432 × 360;
Hi-Res: 1800 x 1500 pixels)
Back to Top